We are re-opening our White Cedar Clinic and Sitka Studio, and we couldn’t be more excited to see your faces!
We have mindfully and confidently designed new protocols and procedures to ensure the health and safety of all members and our team. Please read the necessary details below to inform and guide you through our re-opening plan.
Our goal is to keep you as well informed as possible. Please check this website page regularly for updates as we will continue to adapt to provincial and health authority guidelines. We are in this together!
We have added additional procedures to our cleaning program in addition to our already stringent disinfecting protocols. Disinfecting products used in our clinics are Health Canada approved virucides.
- We scheduled deep cleaning of all surfaces and equipment daily.
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout your session and between session times.
- Easy, readily available disinfectant spray bottles, disposable gloves, and disposable paper towels so you can disinfect your equipment before and after each use
- Hand sanitizer located throughout the clinic
- Handwashing station
We are taking careful actions to facilitate physical distancing.
- Equipment will be marked so that only every second piece of equipment is used
- Equipment usage will alternate between sessions.
- Some equipment may be removed from the clinic that creates airflow
Sitka Studio & White Cedar Clinic Reception
- Session length or times will be structured to allow for physical distancing during transitions.
- As usual, our sessions are limited to no more than ten members. Please only attend a session that you are registered in.
- In-clinic debit and credit payments will be processed using our contactless point-of-sale. Cash payments can only be accepted when provided in the exact currency and within an envelope.
TEAM MEMBER HEALTH & SAFETY
We are dedicated to the health and safety of our community, including our team members.
Contact and Distancing
- Our teams will be following the required guidelines for contact and distancing with all members and each other.
Face Shields and PPE
- Face shields or masks may be required for all our staff at all times
- Required PPE will be worn as appropriate for the task
- All members will be welcome to wear masks based on individual comfort level
- Every team member is required to self-monitor and assess their health on a daily basis for COVID-19 symptoms.
Our teams have undergone additional training for the enhanced cleaning, distancing and safety protocols so that every member can feel safe, comfortable and cared for.
- Detailed checklists for deep cleaning and continuous cleaning
- Proper usage of Health Canada approved disinfectant that is effective against SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19)
- Training on facilitating proper distancing during sessions, during transitions and in all areas of the clinic
Health & Safety
- Training on proper usage of cleaning materials, gloves, masks, face shields, and temperature checks
- Training on self-assessment and self pre-screening procedures required for all team members before each shift
YOUR Clinic & Studio EXPERIENCE
IN-CLINIC AND LIVE STREAMING SESSIONS
We want to be thoughtful about how we can champion our clients & patients to safely return to our space at your own pace and level of comfort. By providing you with options, we believe we can meet you where you are at – whatever stage of readiness, we have a solution so you can stay engaged with your White Cedar Clinic and Sitka Studio community.
Ready to come back to the clinic?
- You can attend your regularly scheduled sessions. You can also continue to move them in your member portal to a time that suits you better. Read more details below.
Not ready for in-clinic sessions yet?
- You can experience your full sessions with your health professional and classmates at your time by streaming live online via zoom. Check out your member portal to access your session.
LIVE STREAMING AT HOME is here to stay
- On the days that you do not have your scheduled exercise sessions, you can continue to do SESSIONS AND APPOINTMENTS AT HOME!
To ensure everyone’s health and safety, we ask you to help us be prepared for each exercise session in the following ways:
- Be symptom-free. Please do not attend your exercise session if you are feeling unwell with any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, chest pain or pressure. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your local healthcare services.
- Self-assessment. We ask that you take a moment to do a quick self-assessment before entering the space – you will see a prominent sign at our front door – take a quick read to double-check that you are safe to enter on that day.
Session Transitions Times
Our goal is to minimize the number of people in our clinic at any given time. We also need some time to disinfect the clinic between sessions; we will be implementing the following measures to ensure your health and safety.
- Arrive no more than five! Please arrive no more than five minutes before your registered session time. We will be keeping the doors locked between sessions to limit access and to ensure safe physical distancing between sessions.
- Bring only what you need. It is highly recommended that you bring only the essentials. Come dressed for exercise and bring a full water bottle. We ask that you do not use the lockers, but if you need to – please follow the floor markers and access the lockers one at a time, as indicated by the sign. Water filling stations will be closed.
- Keep your distance. You will see colourful circles on the floor as markers throughout the space to help you keep a safe physical distance from other members.
Appointment/Instruction Session Times
Session times will be structured so that we can control the flow of traffic through the clinic and to ensure physical distancing by minimizing incidental contact between session times. This time will also allow for increased disinfecting measures of the exercise space and high touch areas.
- Attend your registered sessions. Please register for and attend your sessions at the time shown in your member portal. Any adjustments to your session time will be clearly communicated to you in advance.
- Move your sessions. You can move your sessions up to four (4) hours before it starts to a more convenient session time if you want to.
- To mask or not to mask. That is your decision. At the clinic, you are welcome to wear your own mask if you choose. We recognize that exercising with a mask on, especially for those with compromised lung function, can be challenging; therefore, it is not a requirement. You’ll be greeted by our team wearing face shields so that we can communicate clearly with you through your entire session.
AND DON’T FORGET TO FIND joy and be well!